Objectives of the Programme
The objectives of the programmes are to:
- to produce graduate students with appropriate practical knowledge and skills in the field of agricultural
extension and communication technology.
- Train graduate students in basic social research techniques
- Prepare graduate students for self and paid employment in all aspects of agriculture and rural enterprises
- Provide a linkage between research and end users of new technology.
Job opportunities for graduates of agricultural extension exist in the following areas;
- Farm owner
- Consultant to various organizations
both local and international
- Researcher, Monitoring and Evaluation
- Rural Sociologist/Rural health expert
- Agro-input dealer
- Development Communicator/Journalist/Media
- Agricultural Units of Banks and
- Also job opportunities exist in private establishments such as large scale farm, agro-chemical industries and
- Academic and Extension Staff in Institutions of Higher Learning
- Extension Staffs in State and Federal Ministry of Agriculture
- Staff of Research Institutes such as NIFOR, CRIN, NIIR, IITA, ARMTI, NIHORT, RENL etc
- Job opportunities with International organizations like UN, UNDP, FAO, CTA, IITA, FARA, World Bank, UNICEF etc
- Non-Governmental Organizations (NGO) opportunities
and lots more....................